We use cookies on this site to enhance your user experience. Do You agree?

Read more

Recognition of external exams

University of Warsaw students who are required to take a language certificate exam may confirm their language proficiency by presenting an equivalent certificate issued by an external institution (hereinafter referred to as “external language certificate”), or by presenting a graduation diploma or a supplement to the graduation diploma in a field of study for which, according to the program of studies, the student has achieved learning outcomes in the field of language education at C1 level or above (hereinafter collectively referred to as “the certificate”).

The list of recognized external language certificates is detailed in the University Council for the Coordination of Foreign Language Teaching and Language Proficiency Certification, Resolution #8 of September 23, 2022, on the recognition of external certificate examinations. On the basis of a bilateral agreement, also honored, but only for students studying simultaneously at the University of Warsaw and the Warsaw University of Technology, is a certificate obtained at the Warsaw University of Technology.

Students applying for recognition of an external certificate should apply via the USOS system to the head (dean/director) of the department/faculty in which they are studying.